Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Bengaluru, India)
About the Project
CertSAFE is a software suite developed by Cyient for the design, development, simulation, verification, and validation of safety-critical systems. CertSAFE features a graphical development environment for a visual modeling language based on dataflow/circuit diagram notation, a simulation engine and interactive testing interface, an automatic test generator based on Satisfiability Modulo Theories (SMT) solving, and more.
As a member of the CertSAFE team, you will get to apply your software engineering and computer science knowledge in diverse areas, including programming language theory, graph theory, user interface design, concurrent and parallel software design, and software test automation. You will get to interact on a day-to-day basis with real-world users and customers working on safety-critical applications in aerospace, defense, transportation, medical devices, and other fields.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cyient is in need of an experienced SQA Engineer to assist us with ensuring the quality the CertSAFE software suite. The Engineer will be working closely with a small, tightly-knit team of developers. Creating and automating tests for CertSAFE’s complex, dynamic GUI and multi-threaded back end will be part of the Engineer’s core job responsibilities. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience working in, developing, and maintaining software quality assurance environments.
- Work closely with developers to improve software products, find bugs and performance issues, and enhance the user experience
- Active collaboration with developers at all levels of the software design process
- Continual development and improvement of the QA environment
- Develop and implement test plans and strategies
- Develop new test cases using exploratory testing techniques
- Execute tests, including regression tests, and report and track issues
- Apply automation tools and optimize the test development and execution processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of software quality assurance and testing experience
- Strong understanding of manual and automated SQA methodologies
- Experience with both black box and white box testing
- Experience working with Agile processes such as Kanban, Lean, or Scrum
- Experience with automating tests for GUI software
- Software development experience, including programming using technologies such as Java, C++, Python or .NET
- Background in usability, user interface design, and user experience
- Required to travel to US for 90-180 days to undergo necessary training
Physical Job Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to sit and work at a computer station (including laptop) for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to work in a standard office work environment